Thursday, February 9, 2012

Charm Swap 9 Update

I have so many progress photos to share this week! Let's get right down to business.

Konstanze from nodeform shared this photo of what her charms are going to be modeled after:



She says this about her charms, "I modeled a charm I kind of like. Looks like a type of cocoon. I had to tweak it for a while to get it to be thick enough for stainless steel printing. The stainless steel will have a printing texture and will not be highly polished as the rendering shows it."




Next update is from Sue from lsueszabo. She has a really cool story of how she came up with her design:

"I was trying to figure out what I would make and was walking about in my woodland garden after an ice storm just to get inspired. It is really beautiful with the ice covering all the branches and pods. I was literally almost struck by the idea! My big Tibetan steel garden bell all of a sudden broke the branch it was on in the tree and it came crashing down right in front of me. I picked it up and was trying to find another branch to support it when it occurred to me that THIS WAS IT. I made these little versions for charms."





Sue is the second person to finish all of her charms! Some of us (won't mention any names...) haven't even started.




Mark from markaplan is working on a dragon design for his charm. He says he is working to adapt the this design into a charm and that it is still a work in progress:



I can hardly wait to see his finished charms.




Some of us are struggling with deciding on our charm designs, some of us are in the working stages of creating our charms and some of us are all done! We have just over a month and a half until our due date. It is sure an exciting process and I love being able to bring our participants' progress to you each week.

Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>