Sunday, November 6, 2011

Work Of Art–Season 2, Episodes 1,2,3

We’ve united the first three episodes of Work Of Art.
Episode 1: Kitsch Me If You Can
Premiere: October 12, 2011
The artists must use pieces of "bad" art, such as a painting of dogs playing checkers, a velvet cowboy, and a sculptural golden peacock as their canvas.

Episode 2: Art Movement
Premiere: October 19, 2011
The artists must use Parkour, a discipline where participants overcome obstacles using only their bodies to move from point A to point B in the most creative and inventive way possible, as their inspiration.

Episode 3: Make It Pop
Premiere: October 26, 2011
The contestants must create a piece of POP art that captures the popular culture of their time.

1
Make it Pop 
“I spent a large part of my college years in a photo booth and then the rest of my time making stuff with the pictures. This is a metal interpretation of one of my photo strips, 4 different settings, each with a photo booth shrink dink. Fold-formed copper. Prisma colors.”

2
2c
Kitsch Me If You Can
“When I thought of "kitsch" I immediately thought of Pinky and Blue Boy. I actually bought a Pinky and Blue Boy print in a cheesy plastic frame about 8 years ago at a yard sale to hang in my studio. It's so bad it's good”

3
Make it Pop
“I call this one "Like Me, Love Me."

4
Make it Pop
“As a young student on the late 70th, I was super inspired by the 60th artists the "POP Art Artists". The art was minimalist with patterns and "strong" colors.
I made this pendant with inspiration of Robert Indiana.
Sterling silver, Fine Silver, Torch enamel .”
***
For next week challenge, Due midnight November 9th:
Episode 4: Back to School
Premiere: November 2, 2011
The artists are challenged to create a piece of art inspired by the original artwork of the child they are paired with.

1 comment:

Cubic Zirconia Rings said...

It's an interesting and informative blog post.. you have really shared a great information regarding Art works...thank you for the post :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>