Friday, February 19, 2010

ETSYMETAL Jewelry Challenge: Project Runway Season 7.6 " Adult & Childrens Look"

WELCOME to the reveal of last weeks' Episode 5
"Design for your Star!"
Below are our 8 EtsyMetal Team entries, and one guest!
Last weeks' TV challenge was to create a look to be worn by Heidi Klum on the cover of Marie Claire.

So to make it more interesting for everyone, the interpretation for this challenge is to have you to pick a favorite star or public figure and then design and make a piece of jewlery with that person in mind, something that you would imagine them wearing and loving!

Kira says, "Art Nouveau style peacock feather earrings set with blue topaz. I designed these for Zoe Saldana (she was Neytiri in Avatar)."

Nina says, "Beautiful. Dirty. Rich."
"This one was hard. Finding someone on which to base a jewelry design was the main challenge. Once I remembered the glass bubble beads, though, I knew I had to do Lady Gaga. Recycled sterling silver and glass bubble."

Inbar says, "To: Brad Pitt "Remember me" Pendant.
Double sided, sterling silver, 25.3gr, etched with Patina (LOS)."

Norsola says, "Southern Cross for Galileo Galilei
Sterling silver, blue topaz, resin."

Kathryn says, " I decided to create earrings for Heidi Klum. I can see her wearing these with her hair pulled up to see the detail of the earrings.
The hoops are hand fabricated in sterling silver and measure approximately 2 1/8" in width by 2 1/2" in height. The hoops are hand hammered. I hand cut the flowers out and soldered them onto the hoops."

Stacey says, "i choose sheryl crow and made a chunky, earthy ring."

Victoria says, "This week was sketchy for me. I actually attempted my piece late last evening and carved for a couple of hours and then realized I overworked the bone and it was fugly, and I was frusterated for leaving it until the last minute, so I came to terms with my flakiness and gave up,  then I made my RAD and passed out. I awoke this morning with an hour to spare and I said to myself, I HAVE to make something, anything! and I have 1 hour, I can't give UP!? SO this is what I came up with. I made this with the infamous Ms. Georgia O'Keefe in my mind. Something she might wear as a casual daily wear piece, I like to imagine her to touching the bone while she was in thought contemplating her next spectacular work of art"


Shannon says, "This week was really hard for me! The challenge was to pick a favorite star or public figure and then design and make a piece of jewlery with that person in mind. I am not into the whole "celebrity" thing, so I completely blanked! I ended up making this piece for Ruby's latest obsession, Pink. To make the heart key, I sand cast 2 seperate pieces, cut them down, and soldered them back together. The piece hangs from a chuncky sterling chain. I think this works for P!nk... it's a little punk rock and a little feminine."

We have one GUEST designer this week!
GUEST designer - Maria Apostolou
Maria says, "For this challenge I chose one of my favorite singers, Norah Jones as my inspiration. I wanted to make something soft and delicate to match her voice. The flower pendant is milled and oxidized. A round labradorite is set in the center and the pendant is strung on fairy, blue, silk ribbon. You think she 'd like it?."

Episode 6: "Adult & Childrens look"
Last night the the challenge was to create a children's look as well as an adult companion piece.
So the interpretation for this challenge is  make 2 pieces, a set.
You can mix it up however you want and make father son, father daughter, mother son, mother daughter OR even a human animal combo as some of us only have fur children!
Have fun and we will see you next week, we are very much looking forward to seeing all your creations!  *click to watch Episode 6: MyLifetime full video here!

**guidelines for guest participants:**
Please read this every week as there may be small updates and changes. The pieces you submit must be pieces that are made specifically for that weeks challenge. Then post your links in this weeks comment area, I will retrieve them as they come in before the deadline.
*We only are accepting guest submissions from our blog comment area at this time, insert your links there. Then please cross-post this to your Blog, Flickr, Etsy, etc. And tag them with "Project Runway Season 7 Episode 6." Currently we will post your name with a link and a picture of your piece on our blog. Remember, the rigid deadline for submitting your link is always on Fridays, 12 noon, Pacific Standard Time. The new blog posts and the new challenge will go up the weekend after the new episode airs.


4 comments:

Thomasin Durgin said...

Wow, great work, everyone!

kathryncole said...

I agree! Great work everyone! Very inspiring!

Catherine Chandler said...

Everyone's entries are fantastic!

Maria Apostolou said...

Here is my entry for episode 7.6
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maria_apostolou/4389677065/

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>