Thursday, November 19, 2009

EMJC-PR6 "Mini-Pop Challenge!"

The "Finale Part 2 Mini Collection Launch" has been postponed until Friday November 27.
Sadly do to time constraints we have postponed our EMJC-PR Part 2- Mini Collection Finales.
BUT! To keep our spirits up and our creativity flowing and to be able to have something to share with you this week we had a last minute "Pop Challenge" for the EtsyMetal team members.

We were asked to create a piece of jewelry from a limited amount of materials and time.

1 x 2" of Sterling or Copper~ any gauge
3' of wire~ any gauge
Manufactured clasps, bails, neck chains, screws, etc. are okay.
You can use less of these materials, but not more.
With less than 48 hrs

And below is what our team members came up with!

Victoria Takahashi
I used up all my wire 3' of 24g.and my sheet was 1x2" of 26g,
i have teeny bits of sheet scrap left.
This has a captured 7/16ths Steel ball bearing in the center, it spins freely, and is fun to fidget with. It looks the same on the other side as well.
*this is also my prototype for Charm Swap 5.
See more images here.


Rachelle Stromberg
Brass and Sterling Silver
See more images here.



Beth Cyr
3' of wire and a little bit of sheet - i've been wanting to do this for awhile!!
See more images here.



Nina Gibson
I used almost all of my sheet (1" x 1/4" piece leftover),
and only one foot of my wire for the pop challenge.
See more images here.


4 comments:

Inbar Bareket said...

They are all Gorgeous!
Great project idea!

Nathalie said...

Beautiful creations! So inspiring :)

I recently started to follow this blog, and yesterday I did my own piece based on this mini challenge...

You can see it here:

http://bit.ly/7Apg21

I'm looking forward to more challenges!

Cheers,
Nathalie

Victoria Takahashi said...

Nat thanks for sharing! you make lovel;y things.
we hope to see you around for next season!

Nathalie said...

I will definitely be around for the next season :)

This was so much fun, and so inspiring - what fabulous creations were made!

Cheers,
Nathalie

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>