Saturday, April 11, 2009

Weekly Review - Heavy Metal in Baghdad



I watched this movie a couple weeks ago - and knew that I wanted to make sure to tell people about it. Regardless of your music preference (and I have to be honest that heavy metal isn't one of my favorites), I would recommend this movie to everyone. I'm kind of at a loss of words to really say what is was about. It was incredibly moving and gave a much different view of Iraq than the one the general media has given. A couple years have passed since the movie was released and I was left feeling quite heartbroken at the end. But when I went to the website I was glad to see happy news of what has become of the band. Here's the website, though I would say, watch the movie first, then go check out the site.

2 comments:

elizabethrosasjewelry said...

thanks for the recommendation Beth. Sounds like my kind of movie.

You might like Persepolis (graphic novel made into an animation type movie) based on a true story.

Beth Cyr said...

I think you'll really like it elizabeth. Its the sort of movie that I have to kind of 'be in the mood for' - something kind of serious - but I always really like watching these types of movies on weekend mornings. I guess thats when I have time to actually think! I'll have to check out Persepolis! I think it was on demand...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>